Last modified: 01-19-2023
Strategen Consulting, on behalf of the Connecticut Public Utilities Regulatory Authority (“PURA” or “the Authority”) (“Company” or “We“) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website CT-IES.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website or PURA and Strategen Consulting.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our Website, including:
- Personal information, such as name, address, phone number, and email address, may be collected when a user completes a form on our website or contacts us through the website.
- Non-personal information, such as browser type, IP address, and pages visited, is automatically collected by our web server and is used to analyze website usage and improve the user experience.
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, location, language preferences, and/or usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms or applications on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of leaving comment or requesting further information. This information is collected for a business purpose in order to be able to fulfill the reason you provided the information.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us. This information is collected in order to be able to respond to your inquiries.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information. It is collected for a business purpose as it helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies)
- A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Website.
- As you use the Internet, a trail of electronic information is left at each Website you visit. This information, which is sometimes referred to as “clickstream data,” can be collected and stored by a Website’s server. Clickstream data can tell us the type of computer and browsing software you use and the address of the Website from which you linked to the Website.
- We may collect and use clickstream data as a form of Aggregate Information to anonymously determine how much time visitors spend on each page of our Website, how visitors navigate throughout the Website and how we may tailor our web pages to better meet the needs of visitors. This information will be used to improve our Website and our services.
- Any collection or use of clickstream data will be anonymous and aggregate, and will not intentionally contain any Personal Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide and enhance the Website services.
- To provide you with information, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose Aggregated Information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may use Aggregate Information to improve and enhance your experience on the Website and for our market research activities. For example, we may share Aggregate Information with unaffiliated third parties, such as business partners, and site analytics vendors, in an aggregate, anonymous form, which means that the shared information will not contain nor be linked to any Personal Information.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support the Website and keep it running.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information, as we believe necessary or appropriate:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others.
- To allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
The Company provides an individual who has submitted information on the Website with the ability to review, correct, and request the deletion of any of the personally identifiable information that was entered in their profile on the Website. To correct or delete any of your information please contact the Company by e-mailing us through our Contact page on the website.
Visitors From Outside The United States: Cross-Border Transfer
The Website is hosted in the United States. If you are visiting our Website from outside the United States, your information may be transferred to, stored in, and processed in, the United States or any other country where we or our affiliates, subsidiaries, or third-party service providers maintain facilities.
The European Commission has not determined that the United States ensures an adequate level of protection for Personal Information. The data protection and other applicable laws of the United States or other countries may not be as comprehensive as those laws or regulations in your country or may otherwise differ from the data protection or consumer protection laws in your country. Your information may be available to government authorities under lawful orders and law applicable in such jurisdictions.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas like message boards.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Websites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Websites.